Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Pack Prediction: GB 34 DEN 16

One of my buddies is a big Chicago Bears fan, so every week I send him my prediction for the Packer game and the Bear game. Last week I nailed the final score (27-17), as well as a couple statistics. (I always try to predict the numbers for both QBs in each game.)

As far as the "good guys" go, I don't think the Broncos stand a chance today. As far as Da Bears go, I want to pick them as my "lock of the week" but I just can't do it with how poorly the Offensive Line has been playing. I also wouldn't be shocked if Cam Newton came out and laid an egg against a Defense that will make him be patient.

GB/CHI Predictions: 6-0 on the year (inc. head-to-head)

Packers 34 > Broncos 16
-- Rodgers: 305 Yards; 2 TD, 0 INT (TDs to Nelson, Finley)
-- Orton: 240 Yards; 1 TD, 2 INT (TD Decker, Picks by Peprah,
Williams)
-- Starks: 110 Total Yards, 2 TD.

* The Broncos may keep it relatively close early, but eventually the superior team (Green Bay) will outshine Denver. Kyle Orton will likely be forced to try to lead his team from a large deficit, and the Pack will be able to pin their ears back and put Orton under pressure. While I like Jermichael Finley to have yet another huge impact today, it's almost unfair to single him out since he has a big game every week. As far as my X-Factor in this one, I like James Starks a lot in this game. I think he may find the endzone multiple times in the absence of Ryan Grant. Rodgers should put up big numbers against a Denver secondary that gave up 300+ yards to rookie QB Andy Dalton and aging QB Matt Hasselbeck. I expect a big first half for the Packers' QB, but a big lead will lead to a heavy dose of James Starks and the running game in the 2nd half. Pack wins this one easily.

Bears 27 > Panthers 20
-- Cutler: 275 Yards; 2 TD, 1 INT (TDs to Knox, Hester, Pick by Godfrey)
-- Newton: 260 Yards; 1 TD, 2 INT (TD Olsen, Picks by Jennings, Briggs)
-- Forte: 130 Total Yards, 1 TD

No comments:

Post a Comment