Saturday, November 5, 2011

Week 9 Picks/Spread

NY Jets over @Buffalo (-2)
(Straight up: NY Jets) - I'm tempted to pick Buffalo because I think Fred Jackson should have a solid day against New York's shaky run defense. My pick comes down to the fact that I'm still not sold on Buffalo's defense; they've been opportunistic thus far, but I think the Jets have will have a chance to put up some points in this one. Think this looks like a damn good game, but the Jets win a close one.

@Dallas (-11.5) over Seattle
- This one shouldn't be very close. Because of the huge point spread, Seattle could very well cover, but I'm not betting on it. The Cowboys are a few points away from being in control of the NFC East; despite getting crushed last week at Philadelphia, Dallas is still right in the thick of the discussion to win the division. I think Romo lights up Seattle's secondary; I see big games from both Dez Bryant and Miles Austin. Cowboys win this won in a blowout.

@Indianapolis over Atlanta (-7)
(Straight up: Atlanta) - Call me crazy but I wouldn't be shocked to see the Colts play well and win this one. I'm taking Atlanta to win straight up, but gimme Indy against the spread. I think Indianapolis will have a better game offensively than they've had as of late; I'm still not a believer in Atlanta's defense. I think this game goes back and forth, but Atlanta wins something like 24-20.

Miami over @Kansas City (-4)
(Straight up: Kansas City) - This was one of the toughest games to pick for me. I know KC has won 4 games in a row, but I honestly don't think they're that much better than the winless Miami Dolphins. I think Daniel Thomas should be able to wear down KC's defense if he's active on Sunday, and I also think Brandon Marshall at 6'5" is a big matchup problem for 5'9" Brandon Flowers. This could be a let-down game for the Chiefs after an unlikely home win against San Diego this past Monday, but because Miami seems to always find a way to lose, I'll say KC wins by 3.

@New Orleans (-8) over Tampa Bay
- Frankly, I think the Saints will come out and dominate the Bucs. Tampa won the first matchup at home between these two teams, but I don't see a repeat performance. Josh Freeman had what might have been his only good performance of the year in that first game vs. New Orleans, and I think he'll turn in a subpar performance the second time around. Brees carves up the Bucs, and the Saints win by 14.

San Francisco (-3.5) over @Washington
- Although I thought he would be the better QB for Washington, the Redskins' offense has looked awful with John Beck as their starter. The 49ers are a solid team; a capable offense to go along with one of the league's only several elite defenses. San Fran could quietly roll through their relatively easy schedule and put themselves in consideration for a first-round bye in the Playoffs. 49ers win this one by 7.

Cleveland over @Houston (-11)
(Straight up: Houston) - There is no way the Texans will lose this game, but I just don't agree with the 11 point spread. I think Houston wins this game by 10, but Cleveland's offense is long overdue for even a decent performance. Peyton Hillis is expected to miss another game due to a hamstring injury and with top backup Montario Hardesty out as well, Chris Ogbannaya will get the start at RB. Houston wins 30-20.

@Tennessee (-3) over Cincinnati
- The Bengals are going to come down to earth sooner or later. I've been impressed with their rookie duo Dalton and Green, but they've benefitted from a cupcake schedule thus far. Chris Johnson has done absolutely nothing for the Titans since he signed his new contract, but I think Hasselbeck & Co. will do enough to get the Win in this one. I think these a two pretty evenly matched teams, but I think being at home will prove to be the difference for the Titans. TEN wins 24-20.

@Oakland (-8) over Denver
- With Darren McFadden out, this game has the looks looks of a potential Tebow upset victory. However, I just can't do it. Tebow's too bad of a QB. For the record, I'm not a Tebow hater at all... If he does well and becomes a good, consistent NFL QB, then that's great for him. It's just not going to happen. On Rich Eisen's Podcast this week, guest Jim Brockmire summed Tebow up best, "(Tebow) combines the passion and energy of a Ray Lewis, with the throwing ability of Ray Lewis." Priceless. Oakland wins by 10. Michael Bush is a must-start this week for Fantasy, and I really have my eye on RB Taiwan Jones this week. I liked him a lot coming out of college, as he looked like a similar prospect to Chris Johnson coming out.

@New England (-9) over New York Giants
- I'm not a big believer in the Giants in the first place, but without their top WR Hakeem Nicks and their top RB Ahmad Bradshaw, I don't think there's any way they can upset the Pats in Foxboro. I think Brady gets the ball out quick enough to negate New York's pass rush. New England has too many weapons around Brady for the Giants to match up against. Think this may turn into a bit of a shootout,
but the Pats ultimately silence the recent doubters, and get a convincing win. Pats win 38-27.

St. Louis over @Arizona (-2)
(Straight up: St. Louis) - I think the Rams will go on to have a successful 2nd half to their season. They have a favorable schedule and I still think their roster is the 2nd best in the NFC Worst behind San Francisco. After beating the Saints last week, the Rams are certainly going to play with a higher level of confidence than they've played with all season. Arizona being without QB Kevin Kolb won't change much in my opinion, as he's been pretty poor all year. I like the Rams by 3.

Green Bay (-5.5) over @San Diego
- The Packers are a well-oiled machine, and as long as they don't turn the ball over, they should improve to a perfect 8-0. At first glance, it looks like a road game at San Diego could be a death trap, but since the Bolts will likely be without RB Ryan Mathews and #2 WR Malcom Floyd, I don't think they'll be able to match points with Green Bay. I'm stoked to watch the TE battle; this game features probably the two most electric Tight Ends in football in Finley and Gates, both former basketball players. In basketball, sometimes the worst thing for a hot shooter is halftime, as it cools him down. As long as the Packers don't suffer something of the same sort after their Bye, the Pack will be 8-0. Packers 30, Chargers 23.

Baltimore over @Pittsburgh (-3)
(Straight up: Baltimore) - I think the Ravens complete their sweep of the Steelers this week. Flacco has looked flat out horrible at times this year, but he played well in the first meeting between these two teams. Ray Rice has been one of the most consistent players in the league this year, so I expect a productive day from him despite Pittsburgh's always great defense. Ravens win a very evenly matched game, BAL 24, PIT 23.

Monday Night (7-2) :
Chicago over @Philadelphia (-7.5)
(Straight up: Philadelphia) - The Bears slowed down Mike Vick & the Eagles when they were playing at their best towards the end of last season. However, the Bears don't look as good this time around, and the Eagles are coming off a huge divisional win over Dallas. Philly is hoping that win will turn their season around for the better, while Chicago is looking to stay in the Wild Card hunt. Ultimately I think the Bears will slow the Eagles down just enough to keep it close, but LeSean, DeSean & Vick will be too much for Chicago to handle. Eagles by 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment